We appreciate that our students and young people are particularly vulnerable and therefore we always take their health and the health of our staff very seriously.
For this reason we’re sharing guidance from Public Health England on the sensible steps everyone should be taking to prevent the spread of any type of virus.
Prevent the spread of infection:-
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment
If you have any concerns or questions then please contact your young person's school, college or nursery.